I. INTEGRITY THOUGHTS
Integrity: the quality or state of being complete, undivided or integrated.
“The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible…” – Dwight D. Eisenhower
Integrity: Being Congruent in Every Part of Life
(Are you the same person in every area?)
II. “OUT” QUESTIONS
1. Does God have an Interest in this Part of your Life?
- Does he take delight in the way you do things at the store or the office or the shop or the kitchen or the school?
- Is your life integrated, or are you different in each setting?
2. Are you being Shaped by the Secular world or by the Spirit of God?
The Lord detests the use of dishonest scales, but he delights in accurate weights. Proverbs 11:1
‘five pounds of corn meal.‘
3. Why Does Integrity in these Dealings Matter?
…these dealings make God-honoring Faith visible.
…these dealings make the Saving Lordship of God visible.
4. What Does God say about Just and Honest dealings?
Your scales and weights must be accurate. Your containers for measuring dry materials or liquids must be accurate. I am the Lord your God who brought you out of the land of Egypt. Leviticus 19:36
a. I am the LORD …I am in Charge!
b. I am your God …I am on your Side!
c. I brought you out of the land of Egypt …I am for You!
III. Making God’s Lordship & Power Visible
In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father. Matthew 5:16
1. When a Christian acts with integrity instead of trying to get ahead with deceit, they demonstrate the power & love of God.
He grants a treasure of common sense to the honest. He is a shield to those who walk with integrity. Proverbs 2:7
2. When a Christian walks with integrity they model a way of life that is worth following.
The godly walk with integrity; blessed are their children who follow them. Proverbs 20:7
3. When a Christian walks with integrity, their walk is safe and covered with the Lord’s care.
People with integrity walk safely, but those who follow crooked paths will slip and fall. Proverbs 10:9
IV. HOW TO BUILT INTEGRITY IN LIFE
- Follow God’s Instructions
Joyful are people of integrity, who follow the instructions of the Lord. Ps 119:1
2. Strive for Honesty
May integrity & honesty protect me, for I put my hope in you. Psalm 25:21
3. Trust God with Your Life
He is in Charge, By your Side and For You…Trust Him!
“The time you spend alone with God will transform your character and increase your devotion. Then your integrity and godly behavior in an unbelieving world will make others long to know the Lord.” – C. Stanley