I. One Thing to Seek (Psalm 27:4)
The one thing I ask of the Lord—the thing I seek most—is to live in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, delighting in the Lord’s perfections and meditating in his Temple.
- David, after God’s heart understood what was important
- Being Near God, He asks for One Thing…
- To live in His presence… all the days of my life
- To delight in the Lord’s Beauty
- To Srudy at His Feet
II. One Thing L (Mark 10:21)
Jesus looked at him and loved him. ‘One thing you lack,’ he said. “Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.’
The Rich Young Ruler lacked…
- Compassion for his fellow human beings
- He didn’t want to give away his W
- He was required to love others more than himself
III. One Thing DISCOVERED (Luke 10:42)
There is only one thing worth being concerned about. Mary has discovered it, and it will not be taken away from her.
1. Mary’s Place according to Martha was in the K .
She came to Jesus and said, “Lord, doesn’t it seem unfair to you that my sister just sits here while I do all the work? Tell her to come and help me.”
- What was the one thing that was worth being concerned about? What was the one thing that was necessary? What was the one thing that was more important than preparing a feast fit for a king? …It was sitting down at the Master’s F
IV. One Thing EXPERIENCED (John 9:25)
He replied, ‘Whether he is a sinner or not, I don’t know. One thing I do know. I was blind but now I see!’ (NIV)
Why did Jesus reach out to touch this man?
- He could experience God in his life
- He could worship God in the temple
- He could see God on Earth
V. One Thing F O (Philippians 3:13)
No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead,
Paul focuses on One Thing…
- He desires to F the Past
- He desires to Look forward to what lies Ahead
- He desires to Reach the End of the Race
VI. Conclusion: What is the ONE THING for you?
- S HIM – looking in the Word & finding purpose for your life.
- LACKING – give Him control over every area of your life.
- DISCOVER – what you might be missing on your schedule.
- EXPERIENCE – the touch and influence of Jesus.
- FOCUS – fix your G on Jesus…on what really matters!