20 My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
I. The Surrendered Life
“My old self has been crucified with Christ.” (v20a)
A. Christ Died for Us
- Christ was Crucified
- The most horrid execution created by Romans: Crucifixion
- Crucifixion was a long and Painful Death …
- Christ was crucified and died a miserable death and He was Completely Innocent …So why did He Die?
2. Christ took Our Place
- He died for Us. He died because we have broken the Law…
B. We Have Been Called to Die
1. By faith in Christ, We Accept His Death
- During the Civil War in the United States, a farmer…
- When we accept Christ, we are Accepting his Death.
2. We are Called to Die to Ourselves
- By faith, we have been granted a new life. We have been called to give up the “old life” and to live a “new life”
- The Old Life vs. The New Life
Death vs. Life Darkness vs. Light
Despair vs. Hope Weakness vs. Strength
II. The Strengthened Life
“It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me” (v20b)
A. Christ has become Our Strength
1. Christ Lives in U
- When we place our faith in Christ, He lives within Us and His Power becomes Our Strength.
“When I am raised to life again, you will know that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.” John 14:20
2. Christ Gives Us Strength
- The power of Christ is now within Our Lives.
- Christ’s Strength to Resist Temptation…to Love people…to F others… to Serve Others…is within Us!
- This list could go on…All that is Christ’s is now in Us!
B. We are Strengthened by Christ
1. Christ can be Our Strength
“My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” 2 Corinthians 12:9
- The only way that we can really access the strength of Christ is to admit that we are weak…
2. The Choice is Ours
- When we try to live life in our own strength we will always fail.
- There are many Christians who resist the fact…
III. The Secured Life
“So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.” (v20c)
A. Christ is Our Security
- The Reality of Security
- This year we have seen our Security Greatly S …
2. The Absolute Security
- No matter how Desperate we become we will always have the Love of Christ.
- Why is this our Absolute Security? Because it never changes. The same love that Motivated Christ to come…
B. We are Offered Grace
1. The Definition of Grace…Unmerited favor…Getting what you need & not what you deserve…God’s riches at Christ’s expense…
2. The Offer We Can’t Refuse
- Christ Dying in Our place Seems Too Good to be T
- Christ Offering Us Grace by Asking only for Our Belief
- Christ making a Supply to Meet all of Our Needs