A. CHRISTMAS IS CELEBRATION
“That night there were shepherds staying in the fields nearby, guarding their flocks of sheep. Suddenly, an angel of the Lord appeared among them, and the radiance of the Lord’s glory surrounded them. They were terrified, but the angel reassured them. ‘Don’t be afraid!’ he said. ‘I bring you good news that will bring great joy to all people.’” Luke 2:8-10
- GOD LOVES US!
“For this is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16
- God so loved the world. That’s why He sent Jesus.
- Christmas is saying to you, God says, “I love you.”
- God made you to love you.
- GOD IS WITH US!
“God says, ‘I will never leave you; I will never abandon you.’” Hebrews 13:5
- One of Jesus’ names is Emmanuel, “God is with us.”
- God will never abandon you. Romans 8:38-39
“And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love…”
- GOD IS FOR US!
“‘God didn’t send His Son into the world to condemn it, but to save it.’” John 3:17
- God is for you. He’s on your side.
- He says, I didn’t come to scold you, but to save you!
B. CHRISTMAS IS SALVATION
“The Savior—yes, the Messiah, the Lord—has been born today in Bethlehem, the city of David!” Luke 2:11
- SAVED FROM MY SIN
“And she will have a son, and you are to name him Jesus,
for he will save his people from their sins.” Matthew 1:21
- We were separated from God because of Sin.
- Sin causes depression. It causes discouragement.
“Oh, what a miserable person I am! Who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin and death?” Romans 7:24
- SAVED FOR A PURPOSE
“For God saved us and called us to live a holy life. He did this, not because we deserved it, but because that was his plan from before the beginning of time—to show us his grace through Christ Jesus.” 2 Timothy 1:9
- From the beginning of time God saved us and called us
- He wants to do great things in you & through you
- SAVED BY GOD’S GRACE
“God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God.” Ephesians 2:8-9
- What’s that mean? That means we don’t deserve it.
- Grace is God’s Riches given to you At Christ’s Expense
C. CHRISTMAS IS RECONCILIATION
“Suddenly, the angel was joined by a vast host of others—the armies of heaven—praising God and saying,’Glory to God in highest heaven, and peace on earth to those with whom God is pleased.’” Luke 2:13-14
- PEACE WITH GOD (spiritual)
“Therefore, since we have been made right in God’s sight by faith, we have peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us.” Romans 5:1
- Jesus came to be the reconciler between God & man.
- When you trust in Him, He makes it all go away.
- PEACE OF GOD (emotional)
- The peace of God happens in our hearts
- You’re filled with a whole lot more love and peace
“Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need… and thank him for all he has done…” Philippians 4:6-7
- PEACE WITH EACH OTHER (relational)
“…Be joyful. Grow to maturity. Encourage each other. Live in harmony and peace. Then the God of love and peace will be with you.” 2 Corinthians 13:11